Monday, February 26, 2007

The sadest military song!!! Played at Sgt. Hughies Memorial Ceremony..

If I Die Before You Wake
Dustin Evans



Back home now I know you're probably sleepin' Over here it's the middle of the day I finally found the time to write a letter Sittin' here a half a world away
I heard about all them folks protestin' As if I really want this war But that don't stop me from believin' There's just some things worth fightin' for

CHORUS And if I die before you wake, I pray the world will take A good look at what God's given us That we could only understand, everything is in his hands All we need is a little faith and trust I want you to know it ain't too high a price to pay If I die before you wake

Tell everybody that I miss them And I can't wait to get back home But until then I'll serve my country And be proud to wear this uniform

CHORUS No it ain't too high a price to pay If I die before you wake

Follow this link: http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-bloggers/1523151/posts

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow THAT IS JUST A VERY BEATIFUL SONG I LOVE IT. keep up the hard work and be safe we are all very proud of you ALL . YOUR family is waiting on you to come home
WE LOVE YOU ALL FOR WHAT YOU ARE DOING FOR US
MAY GOD BLESS YOU ALL

LORIE, TOM BEAN TEXAS

Anonymous said...

Wow. I googled Buddy's name to see what all is out there on him. He was my best friend in High School. These pictures you have of the memorial service over there are heartbreaking, but I'm glad you've posted them. I can't imagine how hard it is for you all over there to endure the loss.

I made a video tribute for Buddy for his funeral, and I am posting it on my myspace page for others to see. I'm also trying to post it on YouTube. I just thought you might like to check it out since you knew him and obviously loved him like we did.

Peace,
Matt Yakel
myspace.com/frame45

p.s. Feel free to drop a message on my page.